Re: Urgent DNS problem.

Tony Gogoi wrote:
I believe our DNS server needs to be "refreshed".

If I set DNS server to be internet service provider's DNS server, I can
resolve names to IP addresses. However, our primary and secondary DNS
server is down (does not resolve names to ip addresses). Is there any
command which would do it (maybe download fresh information from the
service provider's DNS server). We are not able to to receive mail as a
result of that... we also cannot surf the net if we set DNS server address
to our DNS server's ip addresses.

Thanks.

Hi, Tony:

Can you receive mail if you use the IP address of your mail server?

 I do not know who 'we' are, but I found four (4) DNS servers
associated with hadar.cse.buffalo.edu where your email appears
to have originated.
Which name server(s) are you trying to use?
Can you 'surf the net' by using IP addresses?

Chuck
p.s. I do not understand the urgency of your problem.