configuring cyrus

Hi everyone,

I was trying(and trying and...) to set up cyrus but I seem to have run into a brick wall on this problem.

I installed the cyrus21 package on my sid system and debian , with it's own way of doing things, installed
the daemon programs (imapd , lmtpd , pop3d....) in /usr/lib/cyrus/bin.
When I start the system, however, only imapd used to start.
in cyrus.conf the place where the services are to be started, I put the full path name of the daemons
in hope that they would start.
However, only notifyd started up along with imapd.(it is possible that notifyd started in the first place,
and I just failed to notice it. sorry for the oversight )
also, when I telnet to imapd, the number of supported encryption or authentication methods
are none. the daemon even comments about this in the log.
Has this package just been done up badly and it is better I do a install from source,
or am I missing something here?

Thanx in advance,
Joy.M.M
-