Re: sendmail question

Most all isp's and companies are configuring their mail servers to
reject email from servers that do not have a properly configured
reverse dns entry.  One solution would be to have your servers
configured to use a smart relay, and this relay machine has a properly
configured dns for reverse dns lookups and of course this relay will
allow you to relay through it.  You may decide to manage your own dns,
if so just have your isp insert entries into their dns namespace that
says you (your ip block) is responsible for managing the dns records
and then all such queries will be directed to your name servers.

I noticed many servers requiring reverse-dns about 6 months ago
due to the incredible spam problem.

Hope that helps.

--
Jeffrey Morse CCNA, MCP, SCJP