init.d and application loading

Hey all,

I am working on adding some material to the init.d section of
several servers. I am adding a script which loads a custom
application for 7 users. Getting this script to run on boot is not a
problem so far.....

the problem is that the script only gets to 3 or 4 of the users
applications on boot. I can run this script manually, so I know its
not a permission issue.

Im guessing that loading all 7 of these applications is either
taking too long or using too many resources - or both. After doing
some reading Im wondering if the 'batch' or 'at' commands might help
to alleviate any load issues on boot and allow all 7 applications to
start everytime the server does.....

I would be grateful for any suggestions or comments. This would make
my life a lot easier as this is effecting 7 or more users over 15
servers - and will grow monthly.

Luke
-