RPM issue on 2.6.5

Hello pepole,

I have an RH9, upgraded to 2.6.5. After I installed the new kernel, I
was unable to install any rpm due to following error.

"rpmdb: unable to join the environment
error: db4 error(11) from dbenv->open: Resource temporarily unavailable
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Resource temporarily
unavailable (11)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
no packages"

Now, I googled it about and found this:

http://www.rpm.org/hintskinks/repairdb/

After following step by step the instructions I found, there the result
was the same.
The odd thing is that I receive this message even when I try rpm -qa as
root. But if I try rpm -qa as average user it seems to work. Even odd is
that when I'm using 2.4.20-8 kernel (the one which cames with RH9) rpm
works fine. That's why I think this gotta be a kernel issue (most
probably a configuration one, so I attached my 2.6.5 config file).

Could anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance

Calin Cosma

Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away.
                -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Lucram pentru tine. Analizam. Cautam zilnic.
Alegem ceea ce te intereseaza. Te anuntam.
http://www.REDUCERI.ro/