Re: disk fragmentation

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 02:42:21PM -0400, Yu Chen wrote:
> So does this mean if the partition gets more than 70% full, I will get
> performance hit?

I re-ordered your question, and snipped the rest.  Top posting makes it nearly
impossible to follow, respond sanely to a thread of any length.

In line posting is chronological, in the natural reading order, top to bottom.

In answer to your question, my personal experience shows that I often get
above 90% disk capacity without noticing any speed issues, but it is very
file size and work load dependent.  YMMV.

-chuck
-