Re: Perl

Well it seems that our friend (NOT), scott.smallsreed@xxxxxxxxxxx is a
certifiable bonehead. I just received a response from him with some pretty
colorful language - dayglow, I would say ;)

Scott, I'm not going to dignify your filthy comments by responding to that
email, but your original post, which was is only five days old, certainly
doesn't show the level of your animosity that you shared with me privately.

If that O'Reilly book is too much for you then perhaps this isn't the thing
for you after all. It's an RTFM world out there, and you'll only last one or
two days on the job anyway if you can't swim in that pond.

Since you feel such anger against everyone on these lists, then perhaps it
is best if you just stick to your job as a plumber ;)

One more thing - if you didn't care, then why did you send such a long
private flame? ;)

TTFN.

"Bradley D. Thornton" <gmane@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi Scott :(
>
> Seems you misundertand what these lists are for. These lists are for
people
> to help people who are helping theirselves, and for people who are helping
> themselves receive help from people who want to help people helping
> themselves.
>
> There are two things you are going to see when you post something like the
> thread you just did, and to varying degrees:
>
> 1.) RTFM
>
> 2.) STFW
>
> You've already received suggestions like that so I won't bother engaging
in
> a redundant act.
>
> Now, If you're looking for a job as a Perl programmer and the book you
have
> isn't doing it for you (and you don't have the money to buy another one),
> you prolly shouldn't be looking for a job programming in Perl.
>
> Also, Oreilly has books online for  you, some they charge for but the perl
> book is free if you look for it. You can even print a hard copy if you
have
> enough paper.
>
> Next time, instead of asking someone to "Do it for you", why don't you try
> posting your broken code here (or on a list that is more on topic),
pointing
> out to the rest of us where you think the program is bombing?
>
> You should also prolly d/l OpenPerlIDE at sourceforge, if you're running a
> wynd0z3 workstation, it's got a lot of help.
>
> Finally, since you site a lack of money, there are lots of self help
> tutorials out there for Perl as well - but if you still want someone to
"Do
> it for you", instead of "Help you", then I'm your man. Simply lemme know
> your fax number and I'll shoot you on over my Technical Services
Agreement,
> then you sign and fax back. Then I'll write the application for you :)
> There's a one hour minimum, of course, so you will be billed for one hour
at
> $85.00/hr.
>

> "Scott@Charter" <scott.smallsreed@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Then why do these groups exist?  Did you ever stop and think that maybe
> am
> > in a rush?  Did you ever stop and think that maybe I am unemployed,
> looking
> > for a job, and can't afford a book?  Did you ever stop and think that
> there
> > are kind, intelligent people out there who are willing and happy to just
> > answer questions politely that are asked politely?  I guess we can't all
> > have your flare for life!
> >
> > Go spread your cheer in the grumpy user group. (and I'm being nice)
There

-