Re: Browsers crush under Fedora

Michael Stepanov wrote:

> I still have problem with working of browser (or problem has me).
> I've fixed fonts problem but all kind of browsers crush sometimes.
>
> Mozilla:
>
> Warning: Actions not found: addBookmark, viewBookmark, copy,
> undefined-key, find, findAgain, history, loadImages, openURL, mailNew,
> new, openFile, print, exit, reload, saveAs, paste, delete, cut, undo,
> historyItem, back, forward, abort, PageUp, PageDown
> Warning: Actions not found: ManagerGadgetNextTabGroup,
> ManagerGadgetPrevTabGroup, DrawingAreaInput, addBookmark, viewBookmark,
> copy, undefined-key, find, findAgain, history, loadImages, openURL,
> mailNew, new, openFile, print, exit, reload, saveAs, paste, delete, cut,
> undo, historyItem, back, forward, abort, PageUp, PageDown
> Warning: No action proc named "ManagerGadgetArm" is registered for
> widget "form"
> Warning: No action proc named "ManagerGadgetArm" is registered for
> widget "form"

The resources don't match the application. Look in
/etc/X11/app-defaults/, ~/app-defaults, ~/.Xdefaults, ~/.Xresources
and similar for anything which looks like it might apply to Mozilla.

More generally, I suggest not trying to "updgrade" between major
versions of an OS, particularly RedHat (which seems to give even less
consideration to backwards compatibility than other distributions).

Perform a clean install onto a blank partition, and copy any necessary
data files. And forget about trying to preserve any configuration
settings unless you're willing to spend a *lot* of time figuring out
which settings can be preserved and which ones can't.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@xxxxxxxxxx>
-