Small Linux

Hello everyone...

I've recently come across some older hardware that I would like to turn into
a base router/firewall for my project. The computer is an embedded Pentium
II 233 with 32MB RAM, built in LAN and video, the unit is really in great
shape! While normally this configuration wouldn't be a problem, this unit
doesn't have a floppy, cd-rom or hard-drive... In fact, the IDE connector is
smaller than I'm used to seeing. Currently a Sandisk 16MB Flash-IDE card is
connected and someone has managed to get linux on it and running. The
version they have installed is extremely old and has a ton of stuff I don't
need.

My question is, can anyone offer any suggestions for installing a base linux
version on this 16mb card to support SNMP, IPChains/IPTables and IP routing?
Any help would be appreciated.

-- jwp

Justin W. Pauler (justin@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

-