shaping traffic

Dear all,

 I have set up a 486 as router with RedHat. I have compiled the kernel
with QoS support.

 I have a switch connected to the LAN interface of the router and three
PCs connected to that switch. Two of them are Windows 2000 Workstations
and the other a linux web server. I am still in the installation process
so I havent got all the cables and all the workstations and servers set
up.

 A friend of mine gave me a script to shape the inbound traffic for the
linux server, that way I could limit the inbound traffic to the web
server and I could ssh the linux box with a better latency...

 What I am wondering is how I could shape the traffic in the same way in
the linux router, that way I could ssh the linux server from the
Internet to the LAN (through NAT) and be downloading my e-mail or any
stuff from the Windows Workstations at the same time with a low
latency...

 Any hints? I am new into this shapping things...

 Many thanks in advance and sorry for my English...

 Miguel

-