RE: CONFIG_THERMAL_HWMON in thermal_sys.c

Hi Jean,

It is in Documentation/thermal/sysfs-api.txt

> Will you write and submit the required libsensors patches, or do you
> expect me to take care of that?

I have not tried anything with libsensors until now..so it will take
some time for me. If you can wait, I can happily submit the required
patches :-)

But, we are changing the thermal framework quite a bit these days.
In some time, things should become saner. Until then, we will not
remove this #define and keep it as it is. Once that happens, we can
take care of removing this #defined code and also patching
libsensors.

We can do this now also. I know, we are changing things on
the thermal side (sysfs attribute names etc..).  If we patch
libsensors now, then we might have to re-visit again, soon.
That's why, I would like to defer this until things settle down on the
Thermal side.

Let me know what you think.

> Note: if the same device can now be registered as both hwmon and
> thermal, we will have to find a way to detect that to avoid duplicate
> entries in libsensors.

The hwmon sysfs has a 'name' field. We can pass the same string as the
first argument of the thermal_zone_device_register() call. This will
show up as 'type' attribute under /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zoneX.
So, from user space, we can compare these interfaces and thus avoid
the duplicates.

Thank you Jean,
Durga