Re: [lm-sensors] Fintek f71882fg ACPI conflict

Don't hold your breath though, it will take years before the problem
actually gets solved for the end user - if that ever happens.
Pretty grim that!

In the meantime, considering the specifics of my particular case and the memory regions involved (again, I think they are 0x290-0x297, a total of 8 bytes in length according to the driver, though if someone more knowledgeable in the f71882fg driver specifics know otherwise, please feel free to correct this if that assumption is wrong), would it be possible to manually hack into the ACPI code and forcefully prevent it from claiming those memory regions and not get involved in "managing" that particular device?

I appreciate this could be quite ugly, but I am that desperate - I don't want ACPI doing the "managing" and want the f71822fg driver to have a free reign (without the risks, as previously noted!), albeit with the help of my bash script at times. :-)