RE: thermal: Avoid CONFIG_NET compile dependency

Yes. 1) and 2) are fine with me.

>    3) Come up with a more generic and more thermal bound
>       (do not export things to the whole kernel if possible)
>       thermal netlink implementation.
>       Important is a robust interface. No need to define all
>       possible events, they can be added one by one if thinkpad
>       or whatever users need them.
>       But the format should not need to be changed in the recent
>       future.
>       Might be worth to put this into an own file:
>       drivers/thermal/thermal_netlink.c

Since we are saying any driver that uses the netlink call _must_ register with
the thermal framework, its better this code be in thermal_sys.c.

>    4) Ideally coretemp.c does not need a special hook to trigger
>       the event. If, it could be some kind of thermal driver
>       callback it got when registering as a thermal driver.
>       Like that the thermal netlink events are hidden and cannot be
>       mis-used by arbitrary drivers, but drivers must register
>       as a thermal driver to be able to trigger them.

In this case, we should consider Jean's point of redundancy.
If CONFIG_THERMAL_HWMON is defined, the interfaces will be present in two
different places.
Or should we make it optional in the thermal framework to register or
Not register with hwmon ?
May be by passing some flag in thermal_zone_device_register?
Rui, need your suggestion here.

Moreover, if we make any driver that wants to use netlink, register with
the thermal framework (redundancy issue should be resolved though..), the problem of
unique originator id will be solved. Then, we can use enum like
the one Rui suggested, to start with. Later, when the need arises, we can add more.

Thanks,
Durga