Re: powernow-k8: No compatible ACPI _PSS objects found. (Asrock N68-S)

On 04/28/10 00:35, Manuel Argüelles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bought an AsRock N68-S motherboard with an AMD Phenom II 955
> processor and I'm getting this message.
>
> Cool 'n Quiet option is enabled on the bios, I retrieved the DSDT (from
> /proc/acpi/dsdt) and decoded it with iasl -d, couldn't find anything about
> _PSS on it.
>
> I emailed AsRock support but no answer, the bios version that I have is 2.0,
> it was released on December 25, 2009.
>
> I have read that it is possible to modify the DSDT to support this, but I
> have no idea how to do that, I haven't found much information either.
>
> What do you recommend me to do?, should I try to get more into DSDT? is
> adding _PSS to a DSDT an easy task?
>
> I haven't test it on windows, do you think that may help? is there any
> useful information that I cat get about it on windows? does windows also
> interacts with the Cool 'n Quiet feature using the bios' DSDT or something
> else? Will it be possible that it works fine on windows but not on linux? On
> the download page there's a Cool'n'Quiet driver for windows. (Is there
> anything that can be done with that?)
>
> I also tried to recompile the DSDT and got one error and 7 warnings, the
> error was:
>
> DSDT.dsl  4832:  Return (Zero)
> Error    4080 -  ^ Invalid object type for reserved name (found ZERO,
> requires Buffer)
>
> Which I suppose has nothing to do with this.
>
> Regards

I recently did something similar: http://pat.erley.org/Other/P4EISTSSDT

It wasn't 'too hard', but it was by no means easy... the _PSS values were
kinda voodoo for me to come up with, and I'm not sure that I have them
correct, just that they work.

Pat