Looking for some pointers on WMI/EC access

Hello everyone,

I've just bought an Ideapad S10-3t, and most features including ACPI
work fine. However, since neither thinkpad-acpi nor lenovo-sl-laptop
support this device, I've been looking around for some hints on how to
access the embedded controller in order to get the hotkeys working. I'll
post what I've found so far and hope that somebody could give me some
hints as to how to proceed.

First, I've dumped the DSDT and browsed through it. I've found a _WDT
section, and wmidump shows:

ABBC0F20-8EA1-11D1-00A0-C90629100000:
	object_id: �
	notify_id: 80
	reserved: 00
	instance_count: 1
	flags: 0x8 ACPI_WMI_EVENT
ABBC0F40-8EA1-11D1-00A0-C90629100000:
	object_id: IO
	notify_id: 49
	reserved: 4F
	instance_count: 1
	flags: 0x1 ACPI_WMI_EXPENSIVE
05901221-D566-11D1-B2F0-00A0C9062910:
	object_id: AE
	notify_id: 41
	reserved: 45
	instance_count: 1
	flags: 0

As this laptop also runs some kind of Splashtop instant-on Linux called
Lenovo Quickstart, I've decided to extract the initrd from its kernel
(*) and browse through the modules. Interestingly, I've found a
lenovo_ec.ko: strings shows that it accesses some DSDT elements which
are present on the S10-3t. Would it make sense to disassemble this?

Yours, Florian

(*) The Splashtop kernel is obfuscated in the most stupid way
imaginable: XOR "encryption" with 'QWER' as key. Need I say more?