Re: Fuijtsu Lifebook RFKILL support

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 11:28:57AM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > Len, I would still like to export the 3 values learned about in this
> > event to userspace. Is it alright for me to create 3 read-only files on
> > the platform device? (docked, lid, radios)
> > It would if anything simplify the code.
>
> FWIW, I think this is also the way to go.  It is much easier for
> userspace to deal with sysfs attributes.  HAL can deal with more
> complex stuff, but shell script writers often don't know how to, nor
> care to, deal with HAL.

I feel like I'm missing something here, but surely what we're talking
about is simply a single rfkill device that affects all radios and as
such should have a new RFKILL_TYPE_ALL type associated with it? I'd read
this as there being a software control that affected all radios. If
there's no software control at all then I agree that providing an rfkill
class here isn't appropriate.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx