Re: Fuijtsu Lifebook RFKILL support

> What is the WLAN driver involved? Is it rfkill-aware?

The driver is iwlagn, which does indeed notice that it is killed. This
information does not reach NetworkManager. Relevant log entries:
Dec 12 00:59:01 amalthea iwlagn: Radio Frequency Kill Switch is On:
Dec 12 00:59:01 amalthea Kill switch must be turned off for wireless
networking to work.

[cutting relevant pieces of text together]
> > 1. rfkill actualy is/looks like a hotplug/hotunplug operation
> >   1b. You cannot do it at will
> >       Attaching it to the rfkill core simply is not supported

Okay, both Bluetooth & WWAN are USB devices following this terminology.
So the rfkill framework is not an appropriate tool for this job,
understood.

Len, I would still like to export the 3 values learned about in this
event to userspace. Is it alright for me to create 3 read-only files on
the platform device? (docked, lid, radios)
It would if anything simplify the code.

> However do NOT do it for WLAN.  Almost every WLAN device knows quite
> well if it is being rfkilled or not by a hardware rfkill line, and it
> is their business to report it.  And the wireless network drivers are
> being ported to connect to the rfkill core.

Okay.

Thanks,
Tony V.