Re: Fuijtsu Lifebook RFKILL support

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 11:50 +1030, Jonathan Woithe wrote:
> Do the laptops in question allow you to control each radio individually or
> is it just a single global kill switch?

S6410, S6420 & E8410 all have the one global kill switch on the front.
It seems only the BIOS allows disabling individual radios.

> The only DSDT I have access to is the one from my box - an S7020.  This has
> a hardware rfkill switch which AFAIK doesn't have a software interface.

I do believe the S7020 is similar in this respect. It has a global
all-or-nothing switch with no software override. I need to see the DSDT
to be sure, but I'm quite certain I can get an on/off status from it
like on mine.

> There are a few owners of more recent Fujitsu laptops on the list though;
> perhaps they can help out (although at first glance they may not have any
> models additional to those you've already got).

Alright. S6410 testing might still be useful once the code is out there
though. Most of my colleagues prefer to stay on a stable kernel and
don't have a C toolchain to hand.

> Despite this I'll get a DSDT for the S7020 for you in the next few days if
> you like.

Yes please. That one is new to me :)

> Regards
>   jonathan