Re: Fuijtsu Lifebook RFKILL support

Hi Tony

> There is preliminary code ready to implement RFKILL support on Fujitsu
> laptops. Unfortunately, I can't see how to express this specific switch
> type within the existing framework.
> The laptop has one "big" kill switch that kills everything,
> WLAN/Bluetooth/3G, you name it. I have no means to turn individual
> radios on or off, all I'll get is a big notifier (from which I can fire
> up a query to see whether the kill switch state got changed).

Do the laptops in question allow you to control each radio individually or
is it just a single global kill switch?

> Jonathan, if you have DSDTs for machines other then a Lifebook S6410,
> S6420 or E8410 could you please e-mail these to me. I would like to see
> whether the callbacks I'm using are present.

The only DSDT I have access to is the one from my box - an S7020.  This has
a hardware rfkill switch which AFAIK doesn't have a software interface.
There are a few owners of more recent Fujitsu laptops on the list though;
perhaps they can help out (although at first glance they may not have any
models additional to those you've already got).

Despite this I'll get a DSDT for the S7020 for you in the next few days if
you like.

Regards
  jonathan