Re: samsung x360, acpi support

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 02:15 +0800, Matthias Heinz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as you can see from the topic i got a Samsung X360 right here. It works pretty
> fine, thanks to the fact that its more Intel than Samsung.
>
> But i got some problems.
>
> 1) Backlight support: I cant control the brightness of the backlight with a
> 2.6.28-rc7. It worked under mysterious circumstances with a 2.6.26.
via the procfs/sysfs backlight I/F?
please attach the result of
"grep . /proc/acpi/video/*/*/*" both in 2.6.26 kernel and 2.6.28-rc7
kernel.

> Mysterious, because i had to use /proc/acpi/video/NVID/LCD/brightness to set
> it, which obviously belongs to a nvidia driver (but theres nothing from
> nvidia in there...)
please attach the "lspci -vvx" output.

> I just found out that its possible to disable the backlight, without disabling
> the display. Doesn't work, too.
>
> 2) Wifi LED: I dont know if this is a wifi driver issue or has to be
> controlled by acpi.
>
> 3) The keyboard is not sending acpi events for several switches. It sends
> (unknown) keycodes that have to be interpreted by the OS.
> But there seems to be an option to change between acpi events and key events,
> because i can control the backlight when grub is running and in the early
> boot phase of the kernel. I dont know if this should be classified as
> problem, but because X is catching all key events handling the wlan power
> function is a problem of the actual user.
is this a regression? i.e. the hotkey events are always sent to the
keyboard, right?
please attach the output of "grep . /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/*".

Btw: you'd better file a bug at bugzilla.kernel.org
and attach all the info there.

thanks,
rui