Fwd: How do I do an acpidump

Colin Laurie wrote:
> More of the same stuff, since I recently got the same acpidump message.

> Subject: Re: How do I do an acpidump
> Date: Saturday 16 August 2008
> From: Colin Laurie <c_lauire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Alan Jenkins <alan-jenkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Thank you for that.
> I found the command in /usr/sbin. I am not familiar with the meaning of the $ but I presume it means
> as root, or in root.
> I was allowed to try acpidump but access was denied, so it was completed as root.
> The dump is attached, I hope it is a useful format for yourselves.

Yes, but it asks you to send it to <linux-acpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, not the
random person who answered your question earlier!  So I'm forwarding it
to the list.

There were lots of attachments, but I think only "acpidump.out" is
needed.  The developers are able to extract  individual tables
themselves using acpixtract.  They can always ask if they need more
information :).

Most importantly, you don't say what the error message was that asked
you to send this.  Please show it.

IIRC, your original error was on boot.  I assumed it happened on every
boot - are you just asking again?  Maybe I assumed wrong, and it's just
happened a second time?  It's not really clear in your message.

Thanks
Alan