Re: [lm-sensors] #2361: i2c and lm_sensors do not work on Slackware 12.1 with kernel 2.6.27.6

How is it fixed?  ACPI and sensors should be able to live together.  If I
can't have one without the other, in my opinion, this is a blind spot for
both projects.  Has anyone brought this up to the kernel ACPI developers to
see if they can "unhide" or "expose" the hardware monitoring?

As for this laptop, thermal regulating is actually controlled in the hardware:
neither ACPI nor sensors/i2c is needed to regulate temperature in the OS
level.  I just find it odd that i2c/lm_sensors claims to support this chipset
yet the answer I get is that the kernel ACPI "hides" them.

I'll bring this up to the kernel ACPI developers, but I would like to see this
issue resolved.  Again, I am willing to test out whatever code necessary to
help this process.

--
Very respectfully,
Robert Delahunt