Re: 2.6.28-rc1: rapid hotkeys break on eeepc again :(

Alan Jenkins wrote:
> Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
>
>> Alan Jenkins wrote:

>>> That was in acpi-test, unless I misread the changelog.  It's the main
>>> reason I tried that, I should have mentioned it, sorry.   So no, it
>>> didn't help.
>>>
>> Any luck with bisect?
>>

> It didn't seem to like what I gave it.  I ended up at a commit which
> lacked the EC rewrite - when as far as I'm concerned, I'm tracking a
> regression from after that point.
>
> So I tried some manual fiddling, and I'm now starting a bisect between
> two different points on mainline.  That's got to work :).  It looks like
> it broke sometime after the main merge from the acpi tree.
>
> $ git-describe
> v2.6.27-7166-g765426e
> $ git-bisect good
> $ git-bisect bad v2.6.28-rc1
> Bisecting: 215 revisions left to test after this

Well, that didn't work.

I wasn't quite methodical enough.  It depends on my doing something...
it might be the lid switch, or using the sound, or network, or switching
from battery to AC, or removing the battery...

So it needn't be a regression from the patches I tested before.  More
likely it's a problem with certain action(s) that I've only performed
recently.

Alan