Re: DSDT from your system / new DSDT archive

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:29:37 -0400 Thomas Renninger <trenn@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
>On Wednesday 17 September 2008 17:44:33 Thomas Renninger wrote:
>> On Wednesday 17 September 2008 04:41:27 Henrique de Moraes
>Holschuh wrote:
Lots about the proposed DSDT respository (and so did others).
Thank you for your comments and insights.

This effort can only address a partial DSDT solution, and initially
the primary concern is getting the
correct information up about the tools and methods required to
extract needed files for a system (and to
then make those files available).  If that information is correct,
novice users should be able to contribute.

An initial draft with about 25 dsdt is up with request for comment
at :

http://www.fileandstream.com/proc/acpi/dsdt.htm

In terms of 'help':
1. if there are any volunteers to review a 'sandbox' for any new
dsdt/acpidumps/etc that
come in please let me know;
2. review of extraction information and procedures for a variety of
systems, including better
information about how to get some of the tools (dmidecode,
acpidump, etc) for a variety of linux
distros.

There are several linked pages on usage and ways to gather
information for contribution
as well on that site;  comments are welcome to me directly rather
than clogging these lists.