Re: Suspend to RAM in an Asus P1-AH2

Hi,
    I've tested the current git-sources-2.6.27-rc4 on Gentoo with the
suggested ACPI setting at kernel boot. Although the results are not
exactly satisfactory, at least they are different: now, when using
hibernate-ram the machine seems to effectively hibernate (entering S3
state), as I can hear how the hard disk is parked and the CPU fan
stops (which was not happening before...). Brief, the machine would
look simply "powered off" if weren't by the power led, that keeps
blinking at 1 Hz. I guess this is how S3 state should look like in
this machine, shouldn't it...?

However, pressing again the power button doesn't seem to resume from
RAM, instead the machine simply boots up normally (using previous
kernels, pushing power button did nothing, as the machine was dead - I
had to power it off manually and boot).

Am I missing something...?

Best regards,
  Eduard