Suspend to RAM in an Asus P1-AH2

Hi,
    I know this is and old topic, but I'd really like to know what's
the state of the suspend-to-ram feature on this machine. Just to get
things refreshed, this issue has to deal with the ACPI execution
ordering, something related to how the different suspend phases are
ordered differently between ACPI 1.0 and ACPI 2.0.

Googling around I've seen that there was 2 new kernel parameters,
acpi_new_pts_ordering and acpi_old_pts_ordering, but I don't know if
they have been really commited to main kernel trunk. At least, in
current Gentoo 2.6.25 kernel they are not defined anywhere...

Anyway, these are the symptoms I'm experiencing whenever I attempt to
use S3 hibernation: the machine seems to enter a kind of strange
"frozen" state, in which the CPU fan keeps turning and the power LED
starts blinking at aproximately 1 Hz. However, the machine is really a
dead-stone yet, and the only way to get it back is powering it off by
holding down power button for 4s and then restarting.

This happens both when using 'hibernate-ram' script or new 's2ram' program.

Best regards,
  Eduard Huguet