Re: [patch 04/10] acpi: adjust _acpi_{module,function}_namedefinitions

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:20:26 -0400 (EDT) Len Brown <lenb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the future, please simply do not accept
> patches to drivers/acpi/*/* (the ACPICA files) into -mm.

Nope.

> Instead, bounce them to the Linux/ACPI maintainer,
> who will bounce them to the ACPICA maintainer --
> which is the head of the stream for these sub-directories.

One of the things I do is to act as backup for leaky maintainers.  Many
years experience with hundreds of maintainers teaches me that they all
leak like sieves.  Stuff which we *want* in the kernel would just get
lost if we relied upon maintainers to be 100% lossless.

Now, if both the Linux/ACPI maintainer and the ACPICA maintainer were
lossless then OK, but that would be unprecedented in my experience.
Even the best of the best (Mauro Chehab) loses stuff occasionally.