Re: [patch 04/10] acpi: adjust _acpi_{module,function}_namedefinitions

> > >But in future, such patches should definitely be based against ACPICA
> > >code. Len will probably announce here where to find the very latest
> > >sources, soon. Currently the latest official release linked to on
> > >http://lesswatts.org is still from 2006. AFAIK things will get better
> > >here, soon.
> > >
> > >   Thomas
> >

> > The latest ACPICA source can be found at the acpica.org website. In
> > fact, we have converted our source repository from CVS to git, and the
> > actual working git repository is now publicly available at
> >
> > http://www.acpica.org/repos/acpica.git/
> >
> > The acpica.org website was created at the end of 2007, and is now the
> > home of the acpica project.
> >

> OK, I'm now peeved.

please, don't be.

> I've sent this patch ten damned times now and only once was there any
> comment and it was this vague indecisive wafflefest from which I now
> discover I was removed from Cc.

it appears that the cc: list was trimmed when a discussion
about the ACPCIA git tree URL was sent.

Unfortunately on May 6th when bob e-mailed that he'd pulled the patch
into ACPICA, he replied to that branch of the thread and not the
original.

If I pulled from Bob instantaneously, you'd have got a reject
when creating -mm on that day.  As it turns out, we had more
urgent fish to fry that day, so it came out the end of
the ACPICA->Linux pipe later.

> Well someone has now merged something else which wrecked this patch
> whcih I've been maintaining (for you guys!) for over two months.
>
> I'll drop it.  Please try harder.

Please do drop it, because it is already in linux-acpi.
It probably didn't reject cleanly because Lindent is too.

In the future, please simply do not accept
patches to drivers/acpi/*/* (the ACPICA files) into -mm.

Instead, bounce them to the Linux/ACPI maintainer,
who will bounce them to the ACPICA maintainer --
which is the head of the stream for these sub-directories.

Yes, I could have and should have asked you to drop these
ACPICA cleanups back when I bounced them to Bob.
I certainly don't want to create more work for you.

thanks,
-Len