Re: ACPI on Compaq 6715b - BIOS from the wrong end of the planet

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Thomas Renninger wrote:
Thanks a Million..
noapictimer works perfectly ... BUT .. only on 64Bit. acpi_pm is not present on 32bit as a clocksource and it defaulted to jiffies. (tsc was marked as imreliable)

I am really surprised that this Sempron notebook actually had 64Bit CPU compatibility :D

This one helps for my Turion.
AFAIK, another Turion (very similar) does not need this, but I do not
know for sure.

Is the common denominator here the Turion (and if so, what model number), or is it the mainboard or BIOS? If the latter, it should be keyed on a DMI signature instead of the CPU.

    -hpa

I have all the grief on a Sempron/ATI  system

model name      : Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3600+

If I specify nolapic,noapic or acpi=noirq on kernel boot, the machine goes in to VERY slow motion (5 minutes to boot!) the noapictimer option was the magic keyword in my case and I am going to dig in to the code to see what things this setting fudges with :-)

Best Regards
Richard