Re: can't shut down

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 12:45 +0800, majie wrote:
> Zhao Yakui wrote:

> > Will you please try the latest kernel(2.6.25-rc9) and see whether the
> > problem still exists?
> > Note:
> > a. ACPI should be enabled in kernel configuration.
> > b. Don't use the custom DSDT
> > c. use "poweroff" command to shutdown
> >
> > If the problem still exists, please attach the output of dmesg.
> > thanks.
> >

> Hi Yakui,
> Do you receive my email I sent to you on April 19 ? I'm still unable to
> have the 2.6.25-rc9 kernel boot and run. I can't make a valid initrd to
> boot the kernel. I've spend the whole weekend to solve the problem. But
> I've no idea why it can mount my real root filesystem.

Sorry for the no response.
IMO the problem is related to the kernel config. For example: the SATA
driver should be built into kernel. (If not, OS can't find the root
filesystem).
Please do it again as listed in the following:(Pay attention to the
kernel configuration).
a. make bzImage; make modules;
b. make modules_install; make install;