Re: Kernel panic in ACPICA on HP Spectre X360 (Meteor Lake 155H) laptop

Hello.

Renaming the IC03 variable to the closest unused IC08 in the DSDT
overlay indeed fixes the crash.

Renaming/removing the device (as it looks like its only purpose is to
trigger Windows update to install some HP software) might be a cleaner
way but I'm not sure how to do this with overlays as this device is
declared in one of SSDT tables under the widely used _SB_.PC00.

For me personally this is good enough, but I'm not sure if it's a good
solution for a general case.

HP's attitude is unfortunate to say the least as the bug is so clear
and the fix is so simple. We've only bought a trial batch of ten
units, we'll return the ones that are still packed and go with some
other vendor from now on.

Thank you!