Re: [REGRESSION] Asus X541UAK hangs on suspend and poweroff (v6.1.6 onward)

On 09.06.23 18:55, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2023 at 02:09:17PM +0300, Acid Bong wrote:
>> Hi there, hello.
>>
>> About a week ago I returned to using Gajim, which, as I remember from
>> earlier, also seemed to be responsible for these hangings, and they got
>> more frequent (I haven't updated any software for the last 2 months). I
>> decided to move to the kernel version 6.1.1, which I earlier marked as
>> "good", and my laptop hung last evening during the shutdown. As always,
>> nothing in the logs.
>>
>> I tried to compile some versions from 5.15.y branch, but either I had a
>> bad luck, or the commits weren't properly compatible with GCC 12 yet,
>> but they (.48 and .78) emitted warnings, so I never used them (or I
>> broke the repo, who knows).
>>
>> Due to the fact that software does have impact on this behaviour, and
>> due to my health issues and potential conscription (cuz our army doesn't
>> care about health), which will cut me from my laptop for a long-long
>> time, I give up on bisecting. I'll just update all my software (there's
>> also a GCC upgrade in the repos) and hope for the best.
>>
>> Sorry for inconvenience and have a great day. Thank you very much.
>
> No inconvenience on our side; your help is invaluable, especially for
> intermittent problems like this one.  They are really hard to find and
> debug, and I'm sorry that we didn't get this one resolved.

+1

Then let me remove this from the regression tracking, too.

#regzbot inconclusive: ignored, reporter for various real life reasons
unfortunately will be unable to bisect/debug
#regzbot ignore-activity

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.