Re: [REGRESSION] Asus X541UAK hangs on suspend and poweroff (v6.1.6 onward)

So, I followed your advice and used the sources (6.3-rc6). Compiled even
two versions: with my config (cf. head letter) and the Arch Linux one
(I'm using Gentoo, but it still fits well), both updated with
`olddefconfig`. Just to make sure that the problem is independent from
the config.

Good news: I experienced the hanging 3 times with both kernels
yesterday.

Two of them were on the custom kernel, and they were of the rare kind -
they occured on shutdown. It goes normally, init disables the services,
unmounts the filesystems, turns off the screen, but then - no response
and the LED and the fan are still on. Another couple of shutdowns went
normal, so the issue it still irregular.

One happened later on the Arch-based one and after a suspend.

/var/log/kern.log showed nothing specific in all cases.

Bad news: it seems, the fix hasn't arrived yet.

How do I proceed next?

--

P.S. On the `pci=nomsi` case: I don't consider it being related to the
issue we're discussing. For me it seems like a hardware issue that can