Re: [REGRESSION] Asus X541UAK hangs on suspend and poweroff (v6.1.6 onward)

On 14.04.23 09:51, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> On 4/14/23 02:35, Acid Bong wrote:
>> The issue appeared when I was using pf-kernel with genpatches and
>> updated from 6.1-pf2 to 6.1-pf3 (corresponding to vanilla versions 6.1.3
>> -> 6.1.6). I used that fork until 6.2-pf2, but since then (early March)
>> moved to vanilla sources and started following the 6.1.y branch when it
>> was declared LTS. And the issue was present on all of them.
>>
>> The hang was last detected 3 days ago on 6.1.22 and today on 6.1.23.
>
> Have you tried testing latest mainline to see if commits which are
> backported to 6.1.y cause your regression?

Well, if it something that started between v6.1.3 and v6.1.6 it must be
a backported commit from mainline that causes the regression.

But yeah, testing mainline would be wise to differentiate between "this
is something that is caused by a change in mainline" and "this is
something stable specific and might be caused by a bad or incomplete
backport".

It's not totally clear to me, but it seems 6.2 is affected as well?
Well, then it's a mainline issue. Testing latest mainline nevertheless
would be good to know if this maybe was fixed already.

But first something else: acidbong, why do you pass "pci=nomsi" to your
kernel? Maybe that makes your machine run in a unusual configuration
that directly or indirectly leads to your problem (which only worked by
chance earlier).

>> # regzbot introduced v6.1.3..v6.1.6
>
> Anyway, I'm adding this to regzbot:

Well, the quoted string above already did that. But whatever, a...

> #regzbot ^introduced v6.1.3..v6.1.6

...should do no harm and this...

> #regzbot title Asus X541UAK hangs on suspend and poweroff

... has improved the title (which was derived from the subject
beforehand) somewhat. :-D

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.