Re: acpi_apic_instance=2

I retreat my previous letter.
The fan stops working with power supplier and with acpi_apic_instance=0 as well. My bed, sorry. I'll check twice before I write next time. I hoped I found a way to quiet down my machine. The fun stops periodically but for short time. It'll not be change until one find out how to turn on lower stages of processor. For both acpi instances I have C2 as the lowest with power supplier whilst C4 on battery.
cacy

Cacy Rodney wrote:
Hi,
I ran the kernel with the acpi_apic_instance=2 option and I found that the fan works different. The power supplier was attached to my laptop at the time which means that the fan should rotate continuously like usually, but it starts to work only when the cooling is needed. The computer with default instance works in that way only when the power comes from battery. So it seems that the default acpi table depends on the power state. The benefit of using acpi_apic_instance=2 is the quiet work of the plugged machine. I did not try to change the acpi instance without power supplier.
cacy
I have sony vaio SZ series
-

-