Re: inconsistency in /proc/acpi directory structure?

Hi,
* Len Brown <lenb@xxxxxxxxxx> [2007-08-09 19:25]:
> I have to second what Henrique wrote.
> Please avoid /proc/acpi/* whenever you can can.
> We are trying to get rid of it completely,
> but that is only partly done.

I know about that and it's a typical kernel hacker argument,
but don't forget people want to have working software in the
meantime of your switch ;)

> I really resist changes to /proc/acpi/* because
> I consider it legacy and would rather the effort
> be focused on the new sysfs interfaces.

I will switch step by step. From what I can see not really
much things apart from the acpi version already switched to
sysfs. Maybe I missed it. I will answer in detail on
Henriques mail hopefully tomorrow.
Kind regards and thanks for your quick replies
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://ngolde.de - nion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - GPG: 0x73647CFF