acpi/sensors temperature on nx6325

Hi all,

I'm currently running kernel 2.6.21.3 on a HP nx6325.

I like having in the taskbar information about cpu/mem/temperature/etc. I
found a strange behaviour monitoring the ACPI provided temperature. It
currently shows for example 48C constantly, for lots of minutes.

Doing a: dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/null increases the CPU usage and
temperature should increase too. The ACPI temperature stays the same though.

I have also loaded the lm_sensors modules which, after some monitoring, appear
to be working right, meaning "it shows an increasing temperature if the CPU
usage increases".

# cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ1/temperature && sensors
temperature:             48 C
k8temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Core0 Temp:
             +54°C
Core1 Temp:
             +53°C

The ACPI temperature increases only when the trip-point is reached. I hear the
fans starting. When the fans stop, the temperature drops "hard" to the
previous value.

I've changed the polling frequency to 1:
# cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ1/polling_frequency
polling frequency:       1 seconds

I got the same effect: I can't see the temperature change dynamically, degree
by degree. Also, in a test, the sensor went up to 60-65C and the trip-point
did't activate. This was with polling set to 1.

If you need any more information, let me know.

Regards,
Mircea
-