Re: BenQ S73U - no ACPI

On 5/9/07, Jan Willies <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I got a BenQ S73U and it doesn't support ACPI very well. I got 23

please describe the problem in detail.

warnings when compiling /proc/acpi/dsdt with the iasl-compiler, but no
errors. This is confusing, it should work well cause they are only
warnings, not errors!

compile-time working doesn't mean run-time working.

Anyway, Sebastian Lammermann managed to turn all warnings down by
rewriting the DSDT, but one. Unfortunately the behavior didn't change,
shutdown is still not working.

The last unsolved warning:

dsdt.dsl  1164:             Method (_OSC, 5, NotSerialized)
Warning  1075 -                        ^ Reserved method has too many
arguments (_OSC requires 4)

If anyone please have a look at the DSDT, it would be very kind! I'm
really desperate to get this thing working under Linux.

original: http://openwrt.loswillios.de/dsdt.dsl
modified: http://www.hft-leipzig.de/~s03114/dsdt.dsl

please in details...

I mailed BenQ about this problem, they even replied which surprised me a
bit. They promised to pass the mail to their developers, but I don't
think it will change something... I reckon I'm not the first one who
mailed them about that.

That's interesting.. BenQ begins to care about linux?
-