BenQ S73U - no ACPI

Hello,

I got a BenQ S73U and it doesn't support ACPI very well. I got 23 warnings when compiling /proc/acpi/dsdt with the iasl-compiler, but no errors. This is confusing, it should work well cause they are only warnings, not errors! Anyway, Sebastian Lammermann managed to turn all warnings down by rewriting the DSDT, but one. Unfortunately the behavior didn't change, shutdown is still not working.

The last unsolved warning:

dsdt.dsl  1164:             Method (_OSC, 5, NotSerialized)
Warning 1075 - ^ Reserved method has too many arguments (_OSC requires 4)

If anyone please have a look at the DSDT, it would be very kind! I'm really desperate to get this thing working under Linux.

original: http://openwrt.loswillios.de/dsdt.dsl
modified: http://www.hft-leipzig.de/~s03114/dsdt.dsl

I mailed BenQ about this problem, they even replied which surprised me a bit. They promised to pass the mail to their developers, but I don't think it will change something... I reckon I'm not the first one who mailed them about that.

regards
Jan Willies

PS. If you want a nice office-laptop, apart from the ACPI-stuff, the S73U is a good deal for 599€ ;-)
-