Re: CONFIG_IBM_BAY

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:55:06 -0300
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Note that these are all just stop-gap measures.  We either need to have
> ACPI_BAY do everything needed in ThinkPads (like handling bay batteries), or
> to make both drivers work together, or I'll just pull all the ACPI_BAY
> functionality into ibm-acpi (and then I will definately conflict with
> ACPI_BAY).

I think we should focus our efforts on a generic (non platform specific)
solution that can work across many laptops (i.e. ACPI_BAY).  Let's make
the bay driver do what it should - I've got a stack of modules for Dell
module bays we can check against too - and I believe that Dell also
supports charging the battery in the module bay.  I am happy to take
patches to the bay driver, and am also happy to help develop them.
I don't have handling content of bay changes on my radar at the moment,
so if you do have time to work on this, that would be great.  I am happy
to test on the set of laptops I've got.

Thanks,
Kristen
-