Re: HP nc6400 v.03 or v.05 laptop ACPI fails after reboot, works again after booting windows

Frank Ursel wrote:

But i'm curios, why on linux the C4-State does not show up. The maximum
working C-State on my system, on AC or battery is C3. Is there any
hidden switch to enable it?

with regards, frank

-
Is there a way to force the driver into a specific state? Or to manually add a state? I still cannot access C0 (max frequency), C4, or C5 power saving states, that are all supposed to be supported by the Intel Centrino Core Duo CPU

Can someone point me to the code that determines the voltage / amperage pairings for CPUs in power saving mode? Is this handled by the ACPI bios (bios function call), or does the kernel directly affect the power setting?

I'd like to take a look and see what's going on.
-