Re: HP nc6400 v.03 or v.05 laptop ACPI fails after reboot, works again after booting windows

As far as i know, the humming appears in windows too. I tested it with
the RMClock utility and on my laptop, switching to C4 was making the
humming. But every other C-State was quite. You should tune the timing
frquencies, like Pavel pointed out.

But i'm curios, why on linux the C4-State does not show up. The maximum
working C-State on my system, on AC or battery is C3. Is there any
hidden switch to enable it?

with regards, frank

-
Ok, thank you. With regard to the timing frequencies Is that in reference to the Kernel Frequency for Latency?
Eg. 1000 / 250 / 100 ?

There's nothing that I've found the enable the C4 state. It would be nice, since that is definitely the most power saving state. And do you have any ideas why the sound would not occur in windows? I'm pretty sure it's using the lower power states, because battery lasts a heck of a lot longer than in gentoo.

I'm not sure if I was using RMClock correctly, but it seems like the humming did not occur in windows. Perhaps you could give me a little guidance on how to use the tool properly?

Thanks.
Lincoln
-