Re: Hang on S3 resume with Acer TravelMate 222X

Ben,

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 08:16 +0200, Ben B wrote:
> Try unloading various modules before suspend. On many machines, at least
> the usb host drivers need to be unloaded.

OK, I'll give that a try. I don't have the machine with me to check at
the moment.

> Video's another possibility. Look at vbetool, it might be able to
> restore video and get things on track again.

Hmm... I read about vbetool in video.txt, but maybe I was
misunderstanding. From what I read, vbetool's restore function only
works after the resume gets back to userland. Since my machine is
hard-locking after the resume, I was assuming that vbetool would never
even get a chance to do its thing. Is it possible for the machine to get
back to running user processes and *then* hard lock?

> Also, do your suspend from a shell script, and have this script log
> debugging info after resume (remembering to sync in case you have to
> hard boot).

Similar questions as those about vbetool. But I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the suggestions.

--Todd

-