Re: Hang on S3 resume with Acer TravelMate 222X

Not sure if this can help you. http://acpi.sourceforge.net/

>  > I've got a rather old Acer TravelMate 222X for which I would *really*
>  > like to get proper S3 support. Right now, doing an
>  >
>  > echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state
>  >
>  > suspends the machine to RAM OK. But when it tries to resume, it shows a
>  > bit of disk activity and then hard locks - nothing on the screen, no
>  > keyboard input is accepted, and it doesn't respond to pings. This is
>  > using 2.6.17, entirely from text mode with no framebuffer. I've tried
>  > various combinations of acpi_sleep parameters and noapic/lapic with no
>  > visible effect.
Does windows work?
If you think this is a ACPI bug , please file it on bugzilla.kernel.org in
ACPI category.

>  >
>  > I've been reading through many of the ACPI docs on the net, and have
>  > fixed my DSDT and added it to the kernel according to those
>  > instructions. This had no visible effect on the resume behavior. Most of
>  > the fixes were pretty obvious, but one I wasn't sure about - perhaps
>  > it's related to my problem. I received the error "Method local variable
>  > is not initialized (Local0)" for the statement "Store (Local0,
>  > \_SB.PCI0.PCI1.OBLN.PMES" in the following code block:
>  >
>  > Method (_L0B, 0, NotSerialized)
>  > {
>  >   Store (0x0B, PX80)
>  >   And (\_SB.PCI0.PCI1.OZ68.PWRS, 0xFC, \_SB.PCI0.PCI1.OZ68.PWRS)
>  >   Or (\_SB.PCI0.PCI1.OZ68.PMES, 0x80, \_SB.PCI0.PCI1.OZ68.PMES)
>  >   Store (Local0, \_SB.PCI0.PCI1.OBLN.PMES)
>  >   Notify (\_SB.SLPB, 0x02)
>  > }
>  >
>  > Well, yeah... it's not initialized. I assumed that the second Store
>  > statement was just a sloppy way to zero out the variable. So I replaced
>  > "Local0" with "0x00". That compiles without error, but I don't know if
>  > it makes sense - is there a way that Local0 can be used as something
>  > like a global variable in this specification?
>  >
>  > Other than that, I'm not sure what information is helpful to fix this
>  > problem, but I'm *more* than happy to do whatever diagnostics will shed
>  > better light on the problem. I really want to get this working! There's
>  > nothing of obvious interest in my logs - the machine doesn't get far
>  > enough when it tries to resume to write anything to syslog, and nothing
>  > during bootup looks particularly suspicious. But maybe I just don't what
>  > I should be looking for.

The first step, please take a close look at Documentation/power/video.txt

--
Thanks,
Luming