Re: hp dv8000t dead on resume from RAM

On Thursday 10 August 2006 20:29, Brannon Barrett Klopfer wrote:
> Quoting "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx>:

> > caps
> > entirely

> > [ext2/3])

> > result
> > commands
> > either. I've

> > working.
> > patch,

> > 5
> > > >
> > > Works fine. FWIW, after applying the patchs (so as to have
> > > 2.6.18-rc3-mm2), my internal keyboard didn't work, so I used a USB one.
> >
> > That is specific to 2.6.18-rc3-mm2 and has nothing to do with the
> > suspend.
> > There should be a patch for that in hot-fixes.
> >
> > > It could be my simple .config'ing error, didn't spend much time with
> > it,
> > > but know that I did use a USB keyboard, hence USB support in the
> > kernel.

> > etc.
> > actually
> > > >
> > > With *legacy* ata_piix, it works fine, as does a "real"
> > suspend-to-disk.
> > > It still *will not* resume properly from suspend-to-RAM, with and
> > > without noapic.
> >
> > I think I know what the problem is, but unfortunately I have no patch for
> > that.  Please look at
> > http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0607.3/1566.html
> > but the fix discussed there is for AMD/NVidia only.
>
> Hmmm...I did try a kernel with *no* SATA or IDE support, and used a pen
> drive for my root; would that rule out that sort of problem, or does the
> hardware freak out regardless of whether or not there's a driver for it?

It may or may not, I can't tell really.

Please wait for the next -mm kernel to appear and try it (there should be
some generic IDE fixes in there).

> > > Using native ahci and the "test" suspend-to-disk, the system hangs. I
> > > did this from init=/bin/bash with vga=794 (so I could see all output),
> > > however, at least the last few lines match w/vga=0 (i.e., fb didn't
> > > affect problem). The hand-copied (pardon any typos) output is:
> >
> > Some additional patches are needed for the AHCI suspend, AFAIK.
> > I thought they were on the way to the mainline, but it looks like I was
> > wrong.  See:
> > http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0607.2/0885.html
>
> I tried to patch the kernel with the "test/testproc" suspend to disk trick,
> but it didn't apply cleanly; I applied it cleanly to 2.6.18-rc4 and then
> copied drivers/scsi/ahci.c to the "test/testproc" kernel, but it didn't
> seem to make a difference.

For now, I have no other ideas.

Please create a bugzilla entry for your problem and describe what's wrong and
what you've done already to debug it.  Please also put some hardware and
configuration details in there (please add the address rjwysocki@xxxxxxx
to the entry's Cc list).

Greetings,
Rafael