Re: toshiba satelli 1800-712

Hi Thomas
i forwarded you the previous email with some links only to show you this is
not a new problem ,and i'm no the only one  having problem rebooting toshiba
satellite 1800-712 notebook
this only to show you this is not a problem caused by some newby misuse and
that toshiba knows that problems are there rebooting this kind of pc

i do not know the exact situation of these linux users,i described you in my
first email what happens on my computer...and it happens the same with
several distro i installed...

sumarizing the shutdown processing on windows xp turn off and then on the
power on light on my computer...
the reboot process on linux does not .

i have here available another computer (an ibm desktop) that sucessfully
reboot,and the power on light is not turned off ...

i take a look on the kernel source in the reboot.c module,but i'm not a  C
programmer ( i have some experience in other languages but not C)
a look only to see if there are some options available in the reboot
processing ...

i forwarded this problem to acpi team because i was thinking it was involved
in the power management ...

now i'm searching a paralllel cable to conncet pc to pc and then recompile
kernel...
howevere if you are sure this is not an acpi problem or if you have reasonable
doubt that acpi is not involved then please help forwarding me to the correct
team (and also hoping they have the same availability answering to my
problem ..)
what i fear is to travel with my email in a sea of developper without finding
the correct people .

waiting your answer

thanks

Maurizio