Re: toshiba satelli 1800-712

Hi Thomas

i searched without results the bugzilla site ....
my problem seems to be common to other people with my computer and other of
the
same brand...

take a look to these links...

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0502.1/0946.html
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Gentoo_on_Toshiba_Satellite_3005-S403

then this one..
http://www.weizmann.ac.il/home/fesegre/Linux_on_a_Toshiba_Satellite_1800-712.html
it is reported also by toshiba official  site !
http://linux.toshiba-dme.co.jp/linux/eng/pc/sat1800_memo.htm

two years ago i added myself to the toshiba linux forum but the problem was
not
resolved, as you can see by above links....

are you in contact with some people  working in toshiba to obtain technical
data about ? IMHO this may truly help ,saving a lot of debugging time...
if you cannot obtain any info ,then ...:

i need to ask you some little questions about your requirements:
my laptop currently run  with a mandriva 2006 distribution:
it is the same if i compile an alternate kernel with the existing mandriva
 source,or you  absolutely need suse ?
my laptop has a parallel port and i have an old  desktop running mandrake 10.1
i have not a cross parallel cable...
i have to find  one it or build it from a normal parallel cutting wires and
soldering it making a cross connection ( i already done the work in the past
with a lan cable).

Thanks

 Maurizio