RE: ACPI's 'thermal_zone' and 'fan' on XW6200, kernel 2.6.15

>My question now is: what's my next step, if any? Am I strictly at the
>mercy of the vendor - HP - or is there something that could be done?

Not sure. Actually, you need to know how to get the temperature to
define 'ThermalZone' object and how to control the fan to define fan
device for active cooling. But I don't know how to find out whether
these features are available or not.

Regards.
Konstantin.

-