Re: What device for ROMFS ?

> This would not be the same story on a 8-bits system. You can have a
> look to Alan's FUZZIX project presentation, where the banked memory is
> a must-have : https://github.com/EtchedPixels/FUZIX

The Z180 based FUZIX systems effectively have some minimal segmentation
rather than simple banking. You just need enough address space, and I
agree 512K of memory is tons for a well written OS. I don't think I've
ever managed to find a reason to use all the 512K of RAM on a Z180 based
FUZIX box !

The other advantage of ROM if all mapped is that with a bit of tweaking
you should be able to just insert the ROM banks into the segment map when
you do an execve so that split I/D ('small rather than tiny in DOS
speak') binaries can run with the code running directly from the ROM and
taking no RAM space at all.

Alan