Re: New feature: a "poweroff" command

> This is why, in such situation, if Jody's adds invocation of the BIOS
> 15h in ELKS, it should be surrounded by a configuration option,
> otherwise I would have to add an INT 15h handler in the Flash to
> return CF=1.

That ought to be the behaviour of any even ancient PC class system when
given an INT15 it doesn't know. The APM specification also has some
fairly robust checks to cope with cases it doesn't.

You call the interrupt with

AH = 53 AL = 0
BX = 0

and it's only assumed present if the return is

Carry clear
AH  > 0
BH = 'P'
BL = 'M'

so should never be fooled

INT15 returning carry set should also be very safe even on ancient DOS
systems as the INT15 multiplexor is used by DOS itself from at least DOS
3.0 and other OS expect INT 15 0x80 and friends going back to PC/XT.

Alan